Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 14 Mintues
Capture the last few days of summer and let us help with quick and easy dinner ideas! Our pork shops are sure to be a hit with the whole family. Basted with a delicious Asian sauce and grilled to perfection - these juicy chops will melt in your mouth and are ready in no time!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Place a sauté pan over medium-low heat and melt butter. Sauté onions, until softened and just beginning to brown, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add ketchup, vinegar, honey, brown sugar and chili-garlic sauce and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
2. Spoon about 1/2 cup of sauce into a small bowl, set aside.
3. Cover pan to keep the remaining sauce warm.
4. Preheat indoor grill to medium heat.
5. Season pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin and lightly spray with cooking spray. Place chops on the hottest part of grill and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a cooler part of the grill and continue to cook, basting occasionally with sauce, until cooked through, about 8 minutes, depending on thickness of the chops. Internal temperature should be between 160 degrees Fahrenheit and 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Serve chops with some of the reserved warm sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!