Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium bowl, combine 1 8-ounce package softened Big Y Neufchâtel 1/3 less fat cream cheese, 1 teaspoon Big Y Louisiana hot sauce, ¼ cup bacon bits, 1 cup Big Y reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon chopped chives.
2. In a shallow dish, combine 4 to 5 ounces pork-flavored seasoned coating mix (such as Oven Fry®), 1 teaspoon ground cumin and ½ teaspoon Big Y chili powder. Cut 8 jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
3. Stuff peppers with cream cheese mixture and cut them in half.
4. Break 2½ pounds bulk pork sausage into 32 pieces, about 1½ inches in diameter; flatten into a disc.
5. Place jalapeño piece in the center and wrap sausage around it, pinching sausage closed to completely encase the pepper; roll in seasoned coating mix to coat.
6. Spray grill grate generously with nonstick cooking spray and preheat to medium.
7. Place sausage eggs on grill and cook for 30 minutes or until cooked through and browned all over, flipping halfway through.
8. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 161 (Calories from Fat: 108)
Total Fat: 12g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 5g (Dietary Fiber: 0g