Gluten-Free Honey Cake
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
3 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
1½ teaspoons Big Y baking powder
¼ teaspoon Big Y ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon Big Y baking soda
1 tablespoon instant coffee
½ cup boiling water
1/3 cup Big Y canola oil
1½ cups Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Organic Honey
1 orange, zested
2 tablespoons whiskey
3 large Big Y eggs
1 cup chopped Mariani Nut Company Walnuts
– Big Y no-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line loaf pan with wax paper and spray with cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, mix instant coffee with water. Blend in oil, honey, orange zest and whiskey.
5. In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until frothy. Add to the honey mixture.
6. Combine flour mixture alternately with the honey mixture. Start with flour and end with flour. Stir in walnuts.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, removing aluminum foil after first 30 minutes of cooking.
8. Test for doneness with a toothpick. Cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Turn cake upside down onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Peel off wax paper and wrap in aluminum foil to keep fresh.
Recipe from Nature Nate’s. Visit naturenates.com for more mouth-watering culinary inspirations.