Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1/3 Big Y® Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup King Arthur® White Whole Wheat flour
1 teaspoon Big Y baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon Big Y salt
1 teaspoon Big Y ground cinnamon
1 ripe Avocado, seeded
¼ cup Big Y Canola Oil
1 cup Big Y Brown Sugar, packed
2 large Big Y eggs
2 very ripe Bananas
½ cup chopped Walnuts
¼ cup + 1 tablespoon Buttermilk
1. Line a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick foil and lightly grease the bottom only.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Combine dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Scoop avocado into a large bowl and mash lightly.
5. Add oil and brown sugar to the avocado. Cream together using an electric mixer, until light and creamy.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Stir in bananas, then walnuts and dry ingredients.
8. Stir in buttermilk and beat just until buttermilk is incorporated.
9. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Note: Avocanana bread is quite moist and may not pass the "toothpick" test at this point. If you prefer a drier bread, bake a little longer.
Visit www.californiaavocado.com to
learn more about substituting avocados for other sources of fat in recipes.
*Provided by the California Avocado Commission and based on using traditional all purpose flour versus whole wheat white.