100% Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
2 1/4 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour (NuVal Score - 93)
1 cup Big Y brown sugar (NuVal Score - 1)
3/4 teaspoon Big Y salt
1 teaspoon Big Y baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Big Y ground cinnamon (optional)
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (NuVal Score - 100)
1 teaspoon Big Y vanilla extract
1/3 cup Big Y vegetable oil (NuVal Score - 25)
1 1/2 cups Big Y light nonfat plain yogurt (NuVal Score - 100)
- coarse sugar for sprinkling on top (optional)
2. Whisk together all of the dry ingredients, including the blueberries.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together vanilla, oil and yogurt.
4. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring just to combine.
5. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them nearly full.
6. Sprinkle tops of muffins with coarse sugar if desired.
7. Bake muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
8. Remove the muffins from the oven and after 5 minutes carefully transfer them to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
9. To store muffins, keep loosely wrapped at room temperature.
Recipe and photo from King Arthur Flour. For more whole grain recipes, visit their website.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 6.5 g, Saturated Fat <1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 164 mg, Carbohydrates 37 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 4 g
NOTE: NuVal® Scores subject to change and current as of publish date of recipe.