Salmon Pasta with Dill Sauce
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 (1 pound) box Ronzoni Penne Pasta
1/2 cup Chobani Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
3/4 cup Full Circle Market Organic Milk
1 tsp. Big Y Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Big Y lemon juice
1½ Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
-Big Y salt and white pepper to taste
3 Tbsp. Big Y butter
1/3 cup shallots, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. Big Y all-purpose flour
¼ cup Romano cheese, grated
12 ounces Fresh Atlantic Salmon, cooked and chopped
2 Tbsp. capers, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce under cold running water.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain, set aside and keep warm.
4. In a small bowl, combine milk, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, dill and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
5. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add shallots and garlic and saute or 3 minutes or until softened.
6. Whisk in flour until well blended. Gradually whisk in milk mixture and bring to a gentle boil; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. If sauce seems too thick, gradually add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
7. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Toss in cooked salmon and capers and stir to combine. Serve immediately over pasta garnished with fresh chives.
Calories: 500 (Calories from Fat: 135); Total Fat: 15g (Saturated Fat: 6g); Protein: 27g; Total Carbohydrates: 63g (Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 5g); Cholesterol: 56mg; Sodium: 249mg