Lemon-Herb Roasted Chicken
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
2 tbsp light buttery spread, softened
3 cloves garlic, minced (NuVal Score - 91)
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced (NuVal Score - 81)
1/2 tsp fresh thyme, minced (NuVal Score - 91)
1/2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 (4-5 pound) Air-Chilled Whole Chicken from (NuVal Score - 28)
1 onion, cut into wedges (NuVal Score - 93)
1 lemon, cut into wedges (NuVal Score - 99)
1 1/2 cups Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth (NuVal Score - 3)
2. In a bowl, mix buttery spread with garlic, herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Pat chicken dry and stuff with half the onion and half the lemon wedges.
4. Tie chicken legs together using kitchen twine.
5. Rub entire chicken with herbed spread mixture. Carefully loosen skin from the chicken breasts and rub herbed spread under the skin.
6. Set chicken in a roasting pan breast-side-up.
7. Pour chicken stock in the pan. Add remaining onion and lemon to the bottom of the pan.
8. Place chicken in oven and roast for about 1 hour 30 minutes, basting every 20 minutes with pan juices, until the chicken is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees F.
9. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
10. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, then serve warm with pan juices poured over top of chicken.