Yankee Magazine's Chai-Spiced Orange-Cranberry Sauce
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/4 cups Domino Light Sugar & Stevia Blend
5 bags black chai tea
8 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 2-1/2 12 ounce bags)[NuVal Score- 100]
1/4 cup fresh orange juice [NuVal Score- 31]
2. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add teabags.
4. Simmer exactly 2 minutes and then remove teabags with a slotted spoon.
5. Add cranberries and increase heat to medium-high.
6. Simmer, stirring often, until cranberries soften splitting their skins, and sauce thickens a bit (10 to 15 minutes).
7. Remove from heat and stir in orange juice.
8. Let cool to room temperature before serving (the sauce will thicken further as it cools) or cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Original recipe can be found on Yankee Magazine’s webpage.
Slight adjustments were made to recipe by the Living Well Eating Smart Wellness Team (ie: reducing sugar by using sugar & stevia blend).
To watch the video of this recipe, visit our YouTube page!
NOTE: NuVal® Scores subject to change and current as of publish date of recipe.