Arroz con Pollo
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic garlic powder
1 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic onion powder
1 teaspoon Food Club salt
1 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Full Circle Market chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic cayenne pepper
2 pounds chicken thighs
4 tablespoons Food Club olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic dried oregano
1 1/4 cups Food Club low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup Food Club tomato sauce
-lemon slices and additional chopped cilantro, for garnish, if desired
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, coriander and cayenne pepper; set aside.
4. In a shallow dish, place chicken thighs in a single layer. Add 3 teaspoons spice mixture, 2 tablespoons olive oil and lemon juice. Using your hands, turn thighs in mixture until all are covered with mixture. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw chicken.
5. Cover dish with plastic wrap and let marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add remaining olive oil. Remove chicken from marinade and place in pan; discard used marinade. Brown chicken for 5 minutes per side or until thighs begin to turn golden brown. Move to a clean plate and set aside.
7. Add rice to pan and stir for 3 minutes to lightly brown. Add onion, green pepper, cilantro, garlic and oregano. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onion is softened. Add in chicken broth, tomato sauce and remaining spice mixture; stir until well mixed. Add chicken back to pan.
8. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is cooked, liquid is absorbed and chicken reaches 165°F as verified with an instant-read food thermometer.
9. Fluff rice with a fork. Garnish with lemon slices and additional cilantro and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 28 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 126 mg
Sodium 975 mg
Carbohydrates 42 g
Fiber 2 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 30 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/