Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
2 teaspoons Food Club pure olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 pound ground beef
1 shallot, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic dried oregano
2 teaspoons caraway seeds
2 tablespoons Food Club tomato paste
-sea salt and Full Circle Market Organic ground black pepper, to taste
2 loaves soft flatbread
1 cup Food Club shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup arugula
6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash hands with soap and water.
3. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add ground beef, shallot and garlic. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw beef. Cook mixture for 6 minutes or until beef is cooked to a temperature of 160°F as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon; drain.
5. Return skillet with beef to low heat and add oregano, caraway seeds, tomato paste, salt and pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Divide and spread beef mixture between both loaves flatbread and top each with ½ cup cheese. Place on baking sheets and bake for 7 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
7. Serve topped with arugula and tomatoes and drizzled with olive oil before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 302 mg
Carbohydrates 13 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 17 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/