Berry Peach Biscuit Cobbler
Watch this recipe being prepared
September October 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup fresh blackberries
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup Big Y sugar, divided
2 tablespoons plus 11/2 cups Food Club all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Full Circle Market Organic ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon Big Y orange juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Food Club baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Food Club salt
1/4 cup Food Club salted butter, cold and cubed
2/3 Cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon Big Y pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Food Club salted butter, melted
- additional Big Y sugar, for topping
-vanilla ice cream, optional
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large bowl, gently toss together peaches, raspberries, blackberries, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange juice. Pour into a large ungreased baking dish; set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining flour and sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw flour. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in cubed butter until mixture is crumbly.
6. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and vanilla; drizzle over flour mixture, stirring with fork to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
7. On lightly floured waxed paper, form dough into an 8-inch square. Cut dough into 9 circles and place on top of fruit mixture. Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw flour.
8. Bake for 50 minutes or until bubbly and biscuits are lightly golden and mixture is bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 250 mg
Carbohydrates 65 g
Fiber 4 g
Sugars 23 g
Protein 7 g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/