Brisket with BBQ Sauce
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 Tbsp. coarse sea salt
1 Tbsp. Big Y chili powder
3¼ tsp. Big Y garlic powder, divided
2 tsp. plus ¼ cup Food Club light brown sugar, divided
1¼ tsp. Big Y ground black pepper, divided
1 tsp. ground cumin
¾ tsp. onion powder
6 lb. beef brisket, with a layer of fat about ¼-inch thick.
½ cup Big Y cider vinegar
½ cup water
¼ cup Big Y Canola Oil
2 Tbsp. Big Y ketchup
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. hot sauce
½ tsp. red pepper flakes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a small bowl, combine sea salt, chili powder, 1¼ teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon pepper, cumin and onion powder.
3. Place brisket on a large piece of plastic wrap. Generously rub spice mixture on all sides of brisket; wrap in plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw meat. Note: If you don’t have time, the brisket will still be plenty flavorful, cooked right away.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, water, oil, ¼ cup brown sugar, ketchup, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, red pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon pepper; bring to a slow rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes; remove from heat and set aside. Reserve ½ cup.
5. Prepare grill for indirect heat on medium-low. Place brisket, fat-side-up, on unheated side of grill. Grill for 1 hour.
6. Baste with vinegar mixture, flip and continue to grill for 4 hours or until the internal temperature on a meat thermometer reaches 195°F, flipping and basting every 30 minutes. Remove from grill, wrap in foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce.
Calories: 398, Total Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 182mg, Sodium: 504mg, Total Carbohydrates: 3g, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Sugars: 2g. Protein: 59g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/