Classic Baked Beans
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1/2 lb thick-cut smoked bacon, diced
1 Cup Onion, Diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
4, 15-oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained
3/4 cup your favorite Big Y barbecue sauce
1/3 cup Food Club dark brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 Tbsp. Big Y white vinegar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. Big Y chili powder
3-4 dashes liquid smoke
-sea salt and Big Y ground black pepper, to taste
-fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 300°F.
4. In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add bacon. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw pork. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender but not crispy; remove from pan and drain all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
5. Return Dutch oven to stove and place over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, liquid smoke and cooked bacon. Mix well and bring to a low simmer; season with salt and pepper.
6. Cover, place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Served garnished with parsley.
Calories: 277, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 13mg, Sodium: 413mg, Total Carbohydrates: 41g, Dietary Fiber: 10g, Sugars: 12g, Protein: 14g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/