Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
2 lb. fresh mussels
1 cup dry white wine
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
6 Tbsp. Big Y salted butter, melted
¼ tsp. hot sauce
¼ tsp. Full Circle Market Organic cayenne pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
-sea salt and Big Y ground black pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, minced
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, minced
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Remove beards on mussels and scrub shells well with a brush. Discard open or cracked mussels; set aside and wash hands after handling raw seafood.
4. In a medium bowl, combine wine, lemon juice, butter, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic and salt and pepper; set aside.
5. Preheat grill to high.
6. Place ½ pound mussels in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil and season with salt and pepper. Pour lemon juice mixture over top and sprinkle with basil and parsley. Close up foil tightly, creating a pouch for the mussels to cook in. Repeat with remaining mussels, lemon juice mixture and herbs for a total of 4 pouches. Note: For two of the pouches, add Parmesan cheese after herbs.
7. Place foil packets on the grill, close lid and cook for 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened mussels. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/