Hot and Sour Soup
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 Tbsp. plus 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil, divided
1 tsp. plus 1/4 cup Big Y cornstarch, divided
4 oz. pork tenderloin, cut into strips
1 Tbsp. Big Y pure olive oil
2/3 cup green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 small red chili peppers, seeded and sliced
1 cup mushrooms (any kind), sliced
1/2 cup bean sprouts
64 oz. reduced-sodium vegetable or pork broth
1/3 cup rice vinegar
-sea salt and Big Y ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup cold water
4 oz. extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Add pork and toss until combined; transfer to a heated skillet with remaining sesame oil. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw pork.
4. Sauté for 6 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified on an instant-read food thermometer; set aside.
5. In a large soup pot over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add green onion, ginger, garlic and chili peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add pork, mushrooms, bean sprouts and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 6 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper, water and cornstarch. Add to soup with tofu and cook for 6 minutes or until heated through.
7. Serve garnished with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/