Thai-Style Corn Fritters
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1/2 cup Big Y all-purpose flour
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 Big Y large egg
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 Tbsp. red curry paste
2 1/4 cups Full Circle Market frozen corn, thawed, divided
2 green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. jalapeño, seeded and minced
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
-sea salt and Big Y ground black pepper, to taste
-Big Y vegetable oil, for frying
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a food processor, combine flour, coconut milk, egg, lime juice, curry paste and half the corn; process until smooth. Note: The mixture will be thick. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw egg.
4. Pour mixture into a large bowl and stir in remaining corn, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro and salt and pepper.
5. In a large cast-iron skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add 1/4 to 1/2 inches of oil. Frying in batches, drop tablespoonfuls of batter into the oil and cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden in color. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place on paper-towel-lined plates.
6. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, water and sweet chili sauce. Serve with fritters.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (2 fritters, 1 Tbsp. sauce)
Total Fat 6g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/