Pasta with Peas in a Pesto Sauce
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1/2 (16-ounce) package Di Martino Pasta spaghetti or linguine
1 tablespoon Big Y Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup Big Y heavy cream
3/4 cup prepared basil pesto
1 teaspoon orange zest
-sea salt and Big Y ground black pepper, to taste
1 1/4 cups fresh peas, cooked
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
-fresh basil leaves, for garnish
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain and keep warm.
4. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add cream and simmer for 3 minutes or until cream is slightly thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in pesto and zest until smooth; season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve pasta topped with pesto sauce, peas, Parmesan cheese and basil for garnish.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/