Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1½ pounds SuperBird chicken, chopped
2 cups Big Y salsa
1 (15-ounce) can Big Y black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (11-ounce) can Big Y corn, drained
1 (8-ounce) package Big Y 1/3 less fat Neufchâtel cream cheese, softened
4¼ cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
18 corn tortillas
2 (10-ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, salsa, black beans, corn, cream cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cheeses are melted; remove from stove.
5. Place a stack of 6 tortillas between 2 slightly damp paper towels and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds or until warmed. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
6. Coat the bottoms of 2, 13x9-inch pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce. Fill each tortilla with a ¼ cup chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese; tightly roll up. Place 9 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down. Evenly top each pan with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 16 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly. Serve garnished with cilantro leaves.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 570, Total Fat: 27g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 146mg, Sodium: 2,058mg, Total Carbohydrates: 49g, Dietary Fiber: 7g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 41g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education.
To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/