Shrimp Tacos with Salsa Verde
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
24 Big Y Wild Caught Raw Gulf Shrimp, 31 - 40 count peeled and deveined
5 tablespoons Big Y pure olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
-no-stick cooking spray
8, 6-inch corn tortillas
1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
4 green tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
-sea salt and Big Y ground black pepper, to taste
1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. Thaw frozen shrimp according to package directions. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw shrimp.
4. Skewer shrimp and place in a shallow pan. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw shrimp. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons oil and garlic. Brush all over shrimp.
5. Coat a grill grate or grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium.
6. Place shrimp skewers on grill (or in pan) and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until flesh is pearly and opaque. Let cool slightly before removing from skewers; keep warm.
7. Place tortillas on the grill (or grill pan) and cook for 30 seconds on each side. Remove and keep warm.
8. In a large bowl, combine onion, jalapeño, tomatoes and cilantro. Add lime juice, remaining oil and salt and pepper and toss to combine well.
9. Assemble tacos with shrimp, salsa, avocado and tomatoes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 286, Total Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 53mg, Sodium: 263mg, Total Carbohydrates: 27g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 10g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education.
To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/