Citrus Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
3 cups Big Y ginger ale soda
9-pound Full Circle Market Spiral Ham
6 ounces orange marmalade
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons Big Y dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon Big Y ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-pinch of ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash hands with soap and water.
3. Pour ginger ale into the bottom of a roasting pan; place rack in pan and add ham, flat-side-down. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour or until heated through.
4. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine marmalade, water, orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and cloves; bring to a simmer. Cook glaze for 10 minutes or until mixture reduces to a syrup consistency and coats the back of a spoon.
5. When ham is heated through, remove the aluminum foil and generously pour or brush glaze over the top to cover completely.
6. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Return ham to oven and cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until instant-read thermometer reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/