Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
4 slices bacon, diced
1/2 cup yellow onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 oz. Big Y frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
1 Big Y large white egg, slightly beaten
¼ cup seasoned croutons, crushed
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped, divided
2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-sea salt and Big Y ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Big Y salted butter
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water.
3. In a heavy bottom frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until soft. Transfer bacon, garlic and onion to a large bowl. Add spinach, egg, croutons, ½ tablespoon rosemary and roasted red pepper; toss gently to combine.
4. With a small, sharp knife, cut a pocket in the thick side of each breast. Stuff with spinach mixture and close with wooden toothpicks if needed. Season stuffed breasts lightly with salt and pepper. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw chicken.
5. In the same pan, over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove toothpick and sprinkle with remaining rosemary. Serve with lemon wedges.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit https://www.fightbac.org/