Shrimp Cocktail Seafood Supper Club
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 (1-pound) bag North Coast Raw Naked Shrimp, thawed
1 gallon water
1 cup Big Y white vinegar
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 large bowl ice water, at the ready
1 lemon, gently rubbed under cold running water and cut into wedges
1 (12-ounce) jar Big Y cocktail sauce
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Thaw shrimp fully before cooking, either for 24 hours in the refrigerator or under cold running water for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. In a large stock pot, combine water, vinegar and salt and bring to a boil on high heat.
4. Add shrimp and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw seafood.
5. Check on shrimp for doneness: Remove shrimp with tongs and dunk in ice water. With a small paring knife, cut halfway into the shrimp. If it is white throughout, it is DONE. If it is translucent, or shiny, at all on the inside, add back to stock pot and continue to cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Check again to ensure shrimp are cooked through.
6. Once cooked, remove all shrimp and submerge into ice water to stop cooking and avoid overcooking.
7. Allow to sit a couple minutes until completely chilled.
8. Remove from water.
9. Peel shrimp as close to serving time as possible to ensure a moist shrimp: Remove shell, except for the tail. This will act as a “handle” for your guests. Keep covered after peeling so shrimp do not dry out.
10. Serve with lemon wedges and preferred cocktail sauce.