Buffalo Steamed Mussels Seafood Supper Club
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 (2-pound) bag Naturally Pure PEI mussels, rinsed
2 tablespoons Big Y extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
½ cup white wine
½ cup Big Y buffalo sauce
½ cup Big Y heavy cream
4 tablespoons Big Y butter, softened
½ cup scallion greens, sliced finely
1 cup blue cheese crumbles
1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Gently rub garlic and scallions under running water, before prepping.
3. Check mussels to verify if any are broken or open: Discard any broken shells; Squeeze opened shells shut. If shells do not stay closed, discard. Wash hands, again, with soap and running water after handling mussels.
4. In a pasta pot warmed over medium heat, add oil and garlic. Cook until fragrant but not browned.
5. Add wine and buffalo sauce. Bring to a boil.
6. Add mussels and cover pot tightly with lid. If you do not have a lid, cover the pot with aluminum foil.
7. Cook until all mussels steam open, approximately 4 minutes.
8. Remove mussels from pot with tongs or a slotted spoon, set aside in a large serving dish and cover with aluminum foil.
9. Return pot to stove over high heat and bring buffalo broth to a boil.
10. Add heavy cream and bring back to a boil for one minute.
11. Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and stir into sauce until melted. Add scallions.
12. Once broth ingredients are incorporated together, spoon generously over mussels.
13. Sprinkle blue cheese over mussels and allow cheese to soften.
14. Serve with toasted, crusty bread or over rice or pasta.