Garlic & Herb-Rubbed Whole Chicken on the Grill
Add Item To
Add Item To
Add All Ingredients
1 whole Big Y Air-Chilled Whole Chicken from Smart Chicken
2 tablespoons roughly chopped thyme
2 tablespoons roughly chopped oregano
2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
2 lemons, zested and sliced
1 tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons kosher salt
½ cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Big Y ground black pepper
1. Halve whole chicken: Using a large, sharp knife or kitchen shears, remove backbone and cut through breastbone. Cut through breast plate to split chicken in two.
2. Combine all other ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
3. Seal each chicken half in a plastic food storage bag with marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
4. Heat grill to medium-high heat; meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Position chicken halves skin-side down (so as much of the skin as possible touches the grill grate).
6. Get char and color on down side before rotating chicken 90 degrees with tongs. Turn chicken over and repeat on other side.
7. Once nice color is achieved, transfer to preheated oven and roast until thickest part of chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read thermometer.
8. Rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 430 mg, Carbohydrates 53 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 16 g
Recipe provided by Chef Sharon Sanders on behalf of Filippo Berio. Image provided by Filippo Berio. For more inspiration on how to incorporate olive oil into your recipes, visit filippoberio.com.