Big Y Pharmacies are now offering the Updated COVID-19 booster to eligible patients!
Due to increased demand, appointments are strongly encouraged.
Book using our online scheduler below.
Updated Pfizer-BioNTech Booster:
Individuals 5 years of age and older are eligible if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent approved booster dose.
Updated Moderna Booster:
Individuals 6 years of age and older are eligible for the Moderna bivalent COVID-19 vaccine if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent approved booster dose.
Save time and fill out your Patient Informed Consent Form ahead of time
Minors under the age of 18 need the parent or guardian present or have the Patient Informed Consent Form signed by the parent or guardian in order to receive a vaccination.
If your child is 5 to 15 years old and getting a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, the COVID-19 Parental Consent will need to be filled out in addition.
Patients will be asked to attest to being eligible for your booster dose at time of your visit.
Big Y COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Will Big Y Pharmacies offer the COVID-19 vaccine?
Yes, Big Y is part of the federal program to receive the vaccines from the CDC.
Do I need a Big Y Membership or a myBigY account to make an appointment?
No, a Big Y Membership or a myBigY account is not required to schedule an appointment.
Who will administer the vaccine?
Our Big Y pharmacists, pharmacy interns, and pharmacy technicians will administer the COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with state law and federal guidance.
How can I make an appointment?
Go to https://www.bigy.com/Pharmacy/covid19-vaccine-faq and follow the directions under "Make An Appointment" to see if you qualify for a vaccine and what appointments are available.
How do I check if I made an appointment?
During the appointment booking process, if you got a confirmation number, you have successfully booked an appointment. It is important to WRITE down your appointment location, phone number, date, time, and confirmation number before closing the Big Y Immunization Scheduler window. You can call the site you booked the appointment if needed to confirm the appointment. Make sure to check off "Opt in for SMS Messaging" and add in a cell phone number. The system will text your confirmation information to that number once the appointment is booked. Confirmation is NOT sent via email, only via text message.
How do I get notified of an appointment?
Notification of an appointment will be sent via text message if you opted into SMS messaging and provided a cell phone number. A reminder notification will be sent to that same number 1 day prior to your appointment. If you did not enter a cell phone number and opt in for messaging, there is no confirmation or reminder sent. If you got a confirmation number, you have successfully booked an appointment. You can call the site you booked the appointment if needed to confirm the appointment.
Are there age restrictions for the COVID-19 vaccines at Big Y?
Yes. Currently our pharmacy staff can vaccinate children ages 5 to 17 years old and all adults 18 years and older who meet the eligibility requirements. Children under 5 years of age CANNOT be vaccinated at our locations.
For additional questions and facts visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html
What to Expect the Day of your Appointment:
- Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment
- Bring your Legal Identification, COVID-19 Vaccine Card and insurance card with you if you have insurance.
- If you have Medicare: Bring Medicare Part B card
- If you have Commercial Insurance: Bring your Prescription and Medical Cards
- All vaccines are covered at no cost to you, regardless of insurance coverage
- You will be required to wait 15 minutes after your dose is administered.
Steps We've Taken to Keep You Safe
We are working hard to protect you and your health. Our stores have adapted quickly to create a clean and safe environment for you. Our pharmacists are also taking additional steps to keep you safe:
- Screening for COVID-19 symptoms before providing immunizations
- Providing an Online Consent & Release Form to streamline vaccine processing and reduce the number of patients in the waiting area
- Wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), for all pharmacy associates
- Practicing hand hygiene before and after immunizations, including changing gloves between patients
- Monitoring COVID transmission and prevalence in the local area to adapt PPE requirements if necessary
- Maintaining social distancing before and after the immunization