Western New England University & Big Y® Foods, Inc. Consultation and Wellness Center
300 Cooley Street, Springfield, MA 01128
To make an appointment or for more information, call:
413-782-4606 | 413-796-2000
The Western New England University and Big Y Foods, Inc. Consultation and Wellness Center is a School of Pharmacy, community care and faculty run center. It is the largest pharmacy consultation and wellness center in the region and the first to be located in a supermarket.
This School of Pharmacy faculty initiative will foster patient-centered care consistent with the recommendations to improve our health care system. It is through direct patient contact and education that we believe we can help our patients and better optimize their care.
Overview of our Center
The Western New England University and Big Y Foods, Inc. Consultation and Wellness Center contains:
- A patient drug information area
- An examination room
- An office for consultations and family education
- A large waiting area
Consultation and Monitoring Services
Disease State Management
- Patients will be seen by appointment only. A referral from a physician or other health care professional is encouraged but not required.
- Trained faculty member will see a patient for a thorough consultation.
- We will document and follow the patient’s progress to improve overall quality of life.
- Blood glucose evaluations
- Foot examinations
- Glucose meter training
- Insulin injection training
- Direct contact with the patient’s physician for recommended changes or results
- Nutrition workshops with our Living Well Eating Smart® Wellness Team of Registered Dietitians
- Patient care plan
- Pharmacist review of patient’s medication regimen
- Personalized education sessions
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Wellness activities