Meet Our Local Farmers
Enjoy Some of The Freshest Fruits & Vegetables Available!
These Fresh Products are Delivered Daily to Your Neighborhood Big Y to Ensure the Finest Quality and Greatest Taste!
Let us introduce you to the local farmers who deliver the freshest produce… every day!
This Week's Feature Farm
CECARELLI HARRISON HILL FARM
- Will Dellacamera is a third generation farmer with 40+ years of farming experience.
- The farm currently sits on over 130 acres of various crops such as: Sweet Corn, Tomatoes, Zucchini & Summer Squash, Green Peppers and all the Fall Squashes.
- Will delivers his Produce to the CT shoreline stores that he often picks that same morning, giving our customers the freshest Produce available.
- Will calls the relationship with Big Y, "something truly special." He feels there is an unwritten pledge between Big Y and the local partners, knowing Big Y is here to fully support our local partners, while providing customers with the freshest, local product available.
This Week's Feature: CECARELLI HARRISON HILL FARM in Northford, CT
08/19/21 - 08/25/21
Prices May Vary by Location.
Click Here to View Our Local Farmers Playlist on YouTube.
KINDERHOOK CREEK FARM, Stephentown, NY
- Owner, Larry Eckhardt is a 2nd generation farmer who has been farming for over 60 years. His kids are now also a part of the farm, making this a third generation family business.
- The farm currently has over 1,200 acres sourcing various vegetables such as: Corn, Zucchini & Summer Squash, Tomatoes, Peppers, Beans, Eggplant and several other crops.
- Larry has been selling to Big Y for many years and calls it a very special relationship. The partnership has been successful because at Kinderhook Creek Farm, they only grow premium crops, which is what we offer our customers.
PAQUETTE FARM, Shrewsbury, MA
- Ed Paquette, owner, has been in farming for 23 years.
- The farm holds over 100 acres of various crops such as: Corn, Tomatoes, Zucchini & Summer Squash and all the fall squashes.
- In addition to delivering product to our warehouse, Ed delivers directly to a number of our eastern stores giving our customers the freshest produce possible.
- Ed calls Big Y his favorite customer because they are a family, USA grown company. He appreciates Big Y being there to always take his call and give him fair market pricing.
FAIR WEATHER ACRES, Rocky Hill, CT
- Billy Collins is a 3rd generation farmer with over 100 years serving the community.
- The farm covers over 500 acres with Green Beans being the primary crop. Other fall items include: Hard Squashes, Pumpkins, Seasonal Ornamentals and plenty of fall activities for the kids to enjoy!
- Billy is actively involved in the CSA program and has more than 1500 shares with other partners such as Lyman Orchards and Bishop Orchards.
- Billy works closely with Big Y in ensuring the customers have the freshest product possible at the right price. He is always looking at innovative ways to exceed the customer's expectations!
E. CECCHI FARMS, Feeding Hills, MA
- E. Cecchi Farms is a 3rd generation farm, run by Michael Cecchi. They are currently celebrating their 75th year in business!
- The farm is 75 acres and has crops such as: Green Beans, Cucumbers, Pickling Cucumbers, Zucchini & Summer Squash and all the Fall Squashes.
- Michael has been selling to Big Y for over 25 years and values the partnership. Both work together to serve the community keep the farming industry sustainable.
CALABRESE FARMS, Southwick, MA
- Calabrese Farms is a 3rd generation farm that has been serving the community for over 75 years, which is run by Tom Calabrese and Mike Calabrese.
- The farm sits on 160 acres of a variety of vegetables such as: Corn, Cabbage, Cucumbers, Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Zucchini & Summer Squash and all the Fall squashes.
- Calabrese was one of Big Y's first local partners as it sold produce at our first "Y Cash Market".
- Mike calls Big Y a great family partner and someone their family takes great pride and pleasure in doing business with. Calabrese picks their products in the morning and delivers it to our warehouse that same day, ensuring our stores and customers are receiving the freshest produce possible.
- Mike says, "We have been selling to Big Y since the first, “Y Cash Market” days. We give Big Y first priority because they stand for the same values that our 3rd generation family farm stands for,” said Mike Calabrese, Calabrese Farms, Southwick, MA."
HAPPY VALLEY ORGANICS, Whately, MA
- Doug Caldwell, co-owner, runs this 150 acre, certified organic farm.
- Doug has been in business for the past 20 years and has been with Big Y right from the beginning.
- Doug grows a variety of organic vegetables including Kale, Collards, Dandelion, Green Peppers, Basil & other Herbs.
- The organic farm is highly efficient and the farm is fully vested in using renewable energy to provide heating, lighting and watering systems.
MEADOWBROOK FARM, East Longmeadow, MA
- Founded in 1990, owner John Burney runs the 275 acre farm
- John is our primary supplier for Butter & Sugar Corn, White Sweet Corn & Pumpkins
- Other key crops include: Cabbage, Green Peppers, Zucchini Squash, Yellow Squash, Eggplant, Pickling Cucumbers & Tomatoes.
- John has been with Big Y from the beginning. He sold his first local produce to our Longmeadow and East Longmeadow stores.
- John is very thankful for the partnership with Big Y. He credits Big Y for evolving his business to where it is today and says people like the D'Amours are why farmers like him are able to sustain and make a living within his community.