Ease your grocery shopping by:
- Making use of Big Y's Gluten-Free shelf tags when shopping.
- Visiting the gluten-free sections available in most of our World Class Markets.
- Learning what foods and ingredients to allow, question, and avoid with The Gluten-Free Nutrition Guide by registered dietitian Tricia Thompson, M.S., RD available for purchase at Big Y stores.
- Keeping a standard shopping guide on hand, like those from Clan Thompson or Zeer.com, that covers traditionally "safe" foods for individuals with celiac disease.
- Contacting manufacturers directly with any ingredient or gluten-containing questions you may have.
Please note, we do not currently publish a gluten-free shopping guide listing, but may reconsider once the FDA legislates gluten-free labeling.
Big Y Gluten-Free Shelf Tags
Keep your eye out for our gluten-free tags! They flag gluten-free foods throughout our stores. Specific brands highlighted as gluten free are done so on the basis of their classification as gluten free by either the manufacturer's claim and/or by the Celiac Sprue Association's (CSA) Gluten-Free Product Listing.
Our database is updated annually with adjustments throughout the year. Although this is so, we do recommend consumers to read labels to verify that manufacturers have not changed their ingredient listings or claims since the database was updated. And always read product labels to verify that tags are not accidentally misplaced on the shelf.
Big Y Gluten-Free Sections
Our Big Y World Class Markets have special gluten-free sections, plus a Special Frozen Food case, and items throughout our departments. Look below to find a store near you:
- Salem Turnpike in Norwich
- Wauregan Road in Danielson
- Bridge Street in Naugatuck
- Storrs Road in Mansfield
- Monroe Turnpike in Monroe
- Winsted Road in Torrington
- Elm Street in Rocky Hill
- Tolland Turnpike in Manchester
- Main Street in Ansonia
- Palomba Drive in Enfield
- Queen Street in Newtown
- West Main Street in Avon
- Boston Post Road in Guilford
- Kent Road Unit 1 in New Milford
- Prospect Hill Road in East Windsor
- Fieldstone Commons in Tolland
- Washington Ave. in North Haven
- Poquonnock Rd in Groton
- West Road in Ellington
- Stony Hill Road in Bethel
- Hawley Lane in Stratford
- Foxon Rd. (Route 80) in North Branford
- St. James Avenue in Springfield
- Memorial Ave. Suite 1 in West Springfield
- North King Street Rt. 5 in Northampton
- College Highway in Southwick
- East Silver Street in Westfield
- College Highway Rt. 10 in Southampton
- Williams Street in Longmeadow
- N Main Street in East Longmeadow
- Center Street, Suite 3 in Ludlow
- Thorndike Street Rt. 32 in Palmer
- South Main Street in Great Barrington
- E. Main Street in Southbridge
- Veterans Memorial Drive in North Adams
- W. Main Street in Spencer
- Reservoir Street Rt. 31 in Holden
- Mayfield Street in Worcester
- University Drive in Amherst
- Willimansett Street in South Hadley
- Memorial Drive in Chicopee
- Mohawk Trail, Route 2 in Greenfield
- Boston Road in Wilbraham
- Providence Highway, Route 1 in Walpole
- Cooley St in Springfield
- Newton Street in South Hadley
- East Main St. in Westfield