Articles by the Living Well Eating Smart Team
- Happy Father's Day- Go get a physical! June 16, 2010
Seven tips that may just save your Dad's life.
- A Great Treat for Those with Lactose Intolerance June 9, 2010
Don't miss this FREE service!
- Smart Snacks for Staying on Track February 26, 2010
Hitting that afternoon lull? Hit these food groups and pep up!
- Vegetarian diets will make you nutrient deficient, right? January 18, 2010
Read up on why going vegetarian is what it is all cracked up to be...
- Stock Those Cupboards! January 12, 2010
Spend time focusing on baby, not what to prepare for dinner.
- Kid's Choice March 10, 2011
Tricks of the trade to minimize the stresses of mealtime.
- Eating to Prevent Stroke May 12, 2011
Celebrate National Stroke Awareness Month one at meal time
- Eating Gluten Free October 14, 2010
Is eating gluten free affecting your nutritional status?
- Nutritional treatments for ADHD July 7, 2010
How do the foods your child eats effect their symptoms?
- Nutrition and Parkinson's Disease February 1, 2010
Learn the major role nutrition can play when living with Parkinson's Disease.
- Feed Just One November 3, 2010
Our neighbors need us more than ever.
- Delicious Dinners March 23, 2011
Making time for family meals.
- Cooking for Two September 3, 2010
With the kids away at school, here are a few tips on how to cook for two.
- Know Diabetes? June 7, 2011
Community partners come together for you at the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Diabetes Month October 28, 2010
Answers to your most common diabetes questions.
- Is fruit taboo when you have diabetes? February 13, 2010
Carrie clears up a common misconception.
- Stocking up for Football Festivities January 18, 2011
Whether you're planning to put out quick and easy finger foods or an elaborate spread, be sure these foods make it on your menu for extra nutritional punch.
- Creating Healthy Easter Delights March 24, 2010
Four tips for adding delicious, healthy options to your Easter day menu.
- Foodies Football February 5, 2010
What's on your Game Day menu?
- Your Strongest Defense to Foodborne Illness? March 13, 2010
How this little step can mean the difference between health and hurt.
- All I want for 2011 December 23, 2010
Four gifts that will keep giving the year through!
- Are you eating SoFAS? February 11, 2011
What this new acronym means for you and your health.
- A mug of bliss January 31, 2011
Bottoms up for melting away January's chill.
- Is your child suffering from an eating disorder? January 6, 2011
Signs, symptoms and options.
- Cancer Prevention September 28, 2010
Are you enjoying these cancer-fighting foods?
- Breakfast Basics September 23, 2010
Think skipping breakfast will help you lose weight? Think again.
- Get your army ready... August 6, 2010
Five foods for building your immunity defense.
- What's in a Name: Natural and Organic July 30, 2010
Do you know what they mean?
- Functional Foods July 20, 2010
Get more nutrient bang with these foods.
- Summer Vacation Must Haves July 8, 2010
Whether traveling or staying close to home, get the most from your summer.
- Foods That Fuel June 30, 2010
Fuel your body with what it needs so you can perform your best.
- June is Dairy Month June 3, 2010
Are you getting your 3-A-Day?
- Have you had your acidophilus today? May 25, 2010
Learn which foods contain this "friendly" bacteria.
- 'Tis the Grilling Season: Fruits & Vegetables May 10, 2010
Want the biggest bang for your grilling? Go with color!
- Children & Obesity-- Who will step up for it to stop? April 8, 2010
Three things to consider as an adult with or without children of your own.
- Are you at risk for an eating disorder? March 31, 2010
From rigid food rules to family history of obesity, learn these common traits.
- Heart Health February 10, 2011
Keep your heart healthy with seven simple steps.
- Triglycerides and Cholesterol... February 19, 2010
Two more reasons you may be putting yourself at risk for heart disease.
- Your High Blood Pressure and Weight... February 15, 2010
Why you may be putting yourself at risk for Heart Disease
- Going Green, Organic and Natural April 20, 2011
How you can make a difference this Earth Day.
- Trade up in the New Year December 28, 2010
Tips for setting resolutions you can keep.
- Holiday Helpers December 13, 2010
Must-have ingredients to healthify your holiday menu.
- Savvy Holiday Cooking November 24, 2010
Stock your cupboards and get ready to reuse those leftovers!
- Simple Steps for an Enjoyable Holiday Season November 18, 2010
Create wonderful meals for your family this holiday season without the stress by following these easy steps!
- A Vegetarian Feast November 15, 2010
Add color and nutrition to your harvest meal.
- The treats of Halloween October 29, 2010
Halloween celebrations abound! It's time to think about what type of treater you'll be.
- Healthify Your Fourth of July June 30, 2010
Become a grill master with these tips!
- Memorial Day Celebrations May 20, 2010
Learn about picnic food safety and ways to give your grilling menu a nutrition-packed makeover.
- Mmm...is for Mom May 10, 2010
Showing Mom you care about her all year long, not just on Mother's Day!
- Going Green for Earth Day April 27, 2010
Start with small changes and make a big impact.
- Flavors of Cinco de Mayo April 27, 2010
Celebrate by cooking traditional Mexican fare with a healthy twist!
- Fill Your Plate with Color March 28, 2011
How the Dietary Guidelines AND the NuVal® System go hand-in-hand.
- Are you a budding dietitian? March 4, 2011
- It's about the food! March 19, 2010
A plea for getting back to the basics.
- Celebrating National Nutrition Month® from the ground up! March 5, 2010
Carrie discusses three tips for building a solid nutrition foundation.
- Cold and Flu: Prevention & Treatment December 3, 2010
Your guide to staying healthy this cold & flu season.
- Back to School Dinners August 26, 2010
Create fabulous meals in minutes.
- Back to School August 17, 2010
Start the school year off right with these tips.
- Trading Up for St. Patrick's Day March 4, 2011
Leave the corned beef alone but switch out your sides!
- Heart Health with NuVal February 25, 2011
Lower your risk for heart disease with NuVal.
- Tips & Tricks for Eating Healthy on a Budget February 7, 2011
How NuVal Scores and Serving Sizes work in your favor.
- Fresh or Frozen? December 10, 2010
- Knowing NuVal November 18, 2010
A NuVal shopper is a nutritious shopper!
- How exactly do you use NuVal anyway? September 16, 2010
Your NuVal questions answered.
- During pregnancy- How much water should you drink? Who has time to cook? April 16, 2010
Here are answers to these common questions and more!
- One month away...have you decided? February 5, 2010
With baby coming, it's time to decide- breastfeed or bottle feed?
- Entering the Home Stretch February 5, 2010
Feeling itchy? It could be PUPPPS!
- Our new addition has arrived! February 5, 2010
Please welcome Andrea's new son...
- Vitamin C...for you and baby. January 22, 2010
Many adults are still missing out. Are you (and baby)?
- Juice Truth August 16, 2010
Are you drinking juice or juice drink? Why??
- Managing Weight and Wallet January 13, 2011
Lose weight and keep it off with these tips.
- Aiming to manage weight during the New Year? Start with the basics... January 26, 2010
Four strategies to help you manage your weight.