This Month's Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 heaping tablespoon natural peanut butter
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Roll into desired size and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350degrees for 15 minutes.
Source: Valley Heritage Radio (valleyheritageradio.ca)
- September 1st is Labor Day
- September 5th is Cheese Pizza Day
- September 6th is Tye Dye Day in Little Y
- September 7th is Grandparent’s Day
- September 10th is Sewing Machine Day
- September 11th is Patriot Day
- September 12th is Banana Day
- September 13th is Kids Take Over The Kitchen Day
- September 13th is National Peanut Day
- September 16th is Stepfamily Day
- September 16th is National Play Doh Day
- September 17th is School Backpack Awareness Day
- September 18th is National Respect Day
- September 20th is Boys’ and Girls’ Club Day for Kid
- September 21st is International Day of Peace
- September 22nd is Family Day
- September 22nd is Ice Cream Cone Day
- September is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Month
- Baby Safety Month
- Children’s Good Manners Month
- College Savings Month
- Library Card Sign-up Month?
- On September 1, 1939 World War II began when Germany invaded Poland.
- The sewing machine was patented by Elias Howe on September 10, 1846.
- The first Labor Day was celebrated on Tuesday, September 5, 1882. In 1884 the first Monday in September was selected as the annual day to celebrate Labor Day.
- The origin of Grandparents day began in 1973 by a West Virginian homemaker, Marian Lucille Herndon McQuade. Marian launched a campaign and on August 3, 1978 President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation designating the first Sunday after Labor Day as Grandparent’s Day.
- The Romans believed that the god Vulcan oversaw the month of September. Vulcan was the god of the fire and forge and in turn the Romans expected fires, volcanic eruptions, and earthquakes throughout the month of September.
Little Critter: Just a Day at the Pond
The Berenstain Bears and the Week at Grandma’s
First Day Jitters (Mrs. Hartwell’s Class Adventures)
Soup Should Be Seen, Not Heard! A Complete Manners Book for Kids (Mom’s Choice Award Winner)
The Berenstain Bears Show Some Respect (Berenstain Bears/Living Lights)