Food Safety News
Here you’ll find the latest food safety topics in the news. Our customers want the latest food safety information so they can be well informed and prepared to make decisions regarding the well being of their families. Big Y is committed to providing important topics that could help you make those decisions.
- Norovirus - CDC.gov
- Jack in the Box E. coli Outbreak - Riley Detwiler's Story
- Jack in the Box E. coli Outbreak - Q and A with Brianne Kiner
- Reusable Shopping Bags Here are some helpful tips to help keep your reusable bags clean
- Pink Slime Defense Rises
- Perfect Picnic Join us in engaging kids in learning about preventing food poisoning in the classroom, at home, and on their mobile devices.
- Key Nutrition Information for Most Popular Meat and Poultry Products Packages of ground or chopped meat and poultry, such as hamburger or ground turkey, feature nutrition facts panels on their labels.
- Questions and Answers Regarding Chicken Jerky Treats from China Information about why the FDA issued a cautionary update on Jerky Treats from China.
- Hand Washing - It's as Easy as 1-2-3 Hand washing is a simple thing and it's the best way to prevent infection and illness.
- Food Safety Guides for Groups Most Vulnerable to Foodborne Illness The booklets in this "at-risk series" are tailored to help older adults, transplant recipients, pregnant women and people with cancer, diabetes or HIV/AIDS reduce their risk of foodborne illness.
- Food and Water Safety During Hurricanes, Power Outages, and Floods Emergencies can happen. When they do, the best strategy is to already have a plan in place.
- Food Safety Alerts Through State Twitter Feeds The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) launched a series of Twitter feeds that will provide state-specific, food safety alerts to consumers.
- Food Allergy Awareness Week In 1997, FAAN created Food Allergy Awareness Week to educate others about food allergies, a potentially life threatening medical condition.
- 2015-04-13FoodKeeper App Released The U.S. Department of Agriculture has launched a new mobile app to educate consumers on ways to keep food fresh longer, thereby reducing food waste.