Partners of Hope
Big Y and Our Customers Are Making a Difference Together.
Since 2007, Big Y's Partners of Hope program has raised more than $1,000,000 for breast cancer research, treatment, screening, education and awareness - all thanks to you, our customers. With your help and generosity, women across Connecticut and Massachusetts will benefit from new research, increased access to testing and treatment, and even financial assistance. When we work together, the smallest actions combine for big results.
DURING THE ENTIRE MONTH OF OCTOBER, EVERY BIG Y IS GOING PINK.
Take a look around the aisles of your local Big Y — notice anything different? This month, Big Y is kicking off 31 days of special promotions to help raise funds for Partners of Hope. With each specially marked, pink-ribbon purchase, you'll help give much-needed assistance to local organizations, hospitals and medical centers. Last year, together, we raised more than $220,000. Look out for these offers and events during the entire month of October!
Purchase a Partners of Hope Pink Ribbon - for $1 at any store from October 1 to October 31 to help Breast Cancer Organizations throughout Connecticut & Massachusetts.
For every package of Big Y, Top Care, Full Circle, World Classics Trading Company, PAWS Premium, Academix, Electrix and Domestix brand products* you purchase BETWEEN OCTOBER 1 AND OCTOBER 7, BIG Y WILL DONATE FIVE CENTS. (*Excluding random weight items.)
Notice many of your favorite products in special pink packaging? These manufacturers will be donating a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer research for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
For every flu shot given at the Big Y Pharmacy, we will donate $5 (up to $5,000)
Big Y will donate a portion of the proceeds from the Produce and Floral Departments to breast cancer research (up to $20,000).
All month, we’ll be selling Special-Edition Pink Reusable Shopping Bags. Go "pink" & "green" at the same time!
The Big Y Butcher Shop will donate 10 cents from every pound of All Natural Angus Beef® and Big Y Air Chilled Chicken products to breast cancer research (up to $15,000).
Get more information about our 2015 Partners of Hope recipients in our Partners of Hope eBook.
1. BACKUS HOSPITAL CANCER CENTER - NORWICH, CT
2. BREAST CARE COLLABORATIVE - ECHN - SOUTH WINDSOR, CT
3. CONNECTICUT BREAST HEALTH INITIATIVE - NEW BRITAIN, CT
4. HARTFORD HOSPITAL BREAST CANCER PROGRAM - HARTFORD, CT
5. CHARLOTTE HUNGERFORD HOSPITAL - TORRINGTON, CT
6. JOHNSON MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER CANCER CENTER - STAFFORD SPRINGS, CT
7. ST. FRANCIS HOSPITAL - HARTFORD, CT
8. ST. MARY'S HOSPITAL - WATERBURY, CT
9. SMILOW CANCER HOSPITAL - NEW HAVEN, CT
10. TERRI BRODEUR BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION - NEW LONDON, CT
11. BAYSTATE BREAST AND WELLNESS CENTER - SPRINGFIELD, MA
12. BERKSHIRE MEDICAL CENTER - PITTSFIELD, MA
13. BREAST CARE CENTER AT MERCY MEDICAL CENTER - SPRINGFIELD, MA
14. BRIGHAM AND WOMEN'S HOSPITAL - BOSTON, MA
15. CENTER FOR BREAST CANCER AT THE MASS GENERAL HOSPITAL CANCER CENTER - BOSTON, MA
16. NOBLE HOSPITAL COMPREHENSIVE BREAST PROGRAM - WESTFIELD, MA
17. SAINT VINCENT CANCER AND WELLNESS CENTER - WORCESTER, MA
18. SUSAN F. SMITH CENTER FOR WOMEN'S CANCERS AT DANA-FARBER CANCER INSTITUTE - BROOKLINE, MA
19. UMASS MEMORIAL CANCER CENTER OF EXCELLENCE - WORCESTER, MA