Big Y's Partners of Hope™
Since the beginning of Big Y's Partners of Hope program in 2007, more than $863,000 has been raised for the fight against breast cancer. We're continuing that fight today by helping to raise even more money for breast cancer awareness. For the entire month of October, Big Y and its partners are thinking pink. All month, you'll find special promotions throughout our stores to help raise money, awareness and support. Look through your local Big Y store for special displays and specially marked products - every "pink" product will help you contribute to the cause.
Here are some of the special events and promotions you'll find at Big Y during Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- Purchase a Partners of Hope pink ribbon for $1 at any Big Y store October 1 through October 31. The proceeds will benefit breast cancer organizations throughout Massachusetts and Connecticut.
- Between October 17 and 23, Big Y will donate five cents for every package of Big Y®, Top Care®, Full Circle™, World Classics Trading Company®, PAWS Premium™, Academix, Electrix and Domestix brand products* you purchase. (*Excluding random weight items.)
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, you'll find some of your favorite products in special pink packaging. The manufacturers will be donating a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer research.
- For the entire month of October, Big Y will donate a portion of the proceeds in the Floral and Produce Departments to breast cancer research (to a maximum of $20,000).
- Our Dietitian Team, Carrie Taylor and Andrea Luttrell, will devote a portion of their fall newsletter to cancer prevention. Look for it on the Living Well Eating Smart displays throughout the store.
- All month, look for our pink reusable shopping bags. Raise awareness for two important causes by going "pink" and "green" at the same time.
- The Big Y Butcher Shop will donate 10 cents from every pound of All Natural Angus Beef® and Big Y Smart Chicken® products to breast cancer research for the duration of the month of October (up to $15,000).
- For every transferred prescription filled at a Big Y Pharmacy, we will donate $5.00 towards breast cancer research (to a maximum of $5,000.00).
to be able to
Hartford Hospital — Partnership for Breast Care - Hartford, CT
Saint Francis Foundation — Comprehensive Breast Health Center - Hartford, CT
Eastern Connecticut Health Network — Breast Care Collaborative - Manchester, CT
CT Breast Health Initiative, Inc. - New Britain, CT
Yale-New Haven Hospital — Breast Cancer Program at Smilow Cancer Hospital – New Haven, CT
Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation – New London, CT
Johnson Memorial Medical Center — Johnson Memorial Cancer Center – Stafford Springs, CT
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital – Torrington, CT
Backus Hospital - Backus Cancer Center - Norwich, CT
Saint Mary's Hospital — Breast and Oncology Center – Waterbury, CT
Windham Hospital — Breast Cancer Navigation Program — A Hartford Healthcare Partner – Willimantic, CT
Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Connecticut and Massachusetts Affiliates
Noble Hospital - Comprehensive Breast Program - Westfield, MA
Brigham and Women's Hospital — Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers Breast Oncology Program – Boston, MA
Massachusetts General Hospital — Gillette Center for Breast Cancer – Boston, MA
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute – Boston, MA
Berkshire Medical Center — Women's Imaging Center – Pittsfield, MA
Baystate Health Foundation — Rays of Hope – Springfield, MA
Mercy Medical Center — Mercy Breast Care Center – Springfield, MA
Saint Vincent Hospital — Breast Care Clinic – Worcester, MA
UMass Memorial Health Care — Comprehensive Breast Center – Worcester, MA
Partners of Hope Check Presentation Videos
In 2013, through our Partners of Hope Program and with the support of our generous customers, we were so pleased to be able to present some much-needed funding to our very deserving local affiliates.