Partners of Hope
Big Y and Our Customers Are Making a Difference Together.
Since 2007, Big Y's Partners of Hope program has raised more than $1,000,000 for breast cancer research, treatment, screening, education and awareness - all thanks to you, our customers. With your help and generosity, women across Connecticut and Massachusetts will benefit from new research, increased access to testing and treatment, and even financial assistance. When we work together, the smallest actions combine for big results.
DURING THE ENTIRE MONTH OF OCTOBER, EVERY BIG Y IS GOING PINK.
Throughout the store, you’ll notice pink ribbons marking the promotions that will help raise funds for Partners of Hope. Last year alone, you helped us raise more than $200,000! Keep an eye out for these special events during the month of October:
PUrchase A Partners of Hope Pink Ribbon - for $1 at any store from October 1 to October 31 to help Breast Cancer Organizations throughout Connecticut & Massachusetts.
For every package of Big Y, Top Care, Full Circle, World Classics Trading Company, PAWS Premium, Academix, Electrix and Domestix brand products* you purchase BETWEEN OCTOBER 9 AND OCTOBER 15, BIG Y WILL DONATE FIVE CENTS. (*Excluding random weight items.)
Big Y will donate a portion of the proceeds from the Produce and Floral Departments to breast cancer research (up to $20,000).
All month, we’ll be selling Special-Edition Pink Reusable Shopping Bags. Go “pink” & “green” at the same time!
For every new or transferred prescription filled at the Big Y Pharmacy, we will donate $5.00 (up to $5,000). And the Inform & Inspire theme for October is Cancer Awareness & Prevention.
The Big Y Butcher Shop will donate 10 cents from every pound of All Natural Angus Beef® and Big Y Smart Chicken® products to breast cancer research (up to $15,000).
Our Registered Dietitians will be devoting a section on CANCER PREVENTION in their October Living Well Eating Smart newsletter.
Get more information about our 2013 Partners of Hope recipients in our Partners of Hope eBook.
1. BACKUS HOSPITAL CANCER CENTER - NORWICH, CT
2. BREAST CARE COLLABORATIVE - ECHN - SOUTH WINDSOR, CT
3. CONNECTICUT BREAST HEALTH INITIATIVE - NEW BRITAIN, CT
4. HARTFORD HOSPITAL BREAST CANCER PROGRAM - HARTFORD, CT
5. CHARLOTTE HUNGERFORD HOSPITAL - TORRINGTON, CT
6. JOHNSON MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER CANCER CENTER - STAFFORD SPRINGS, CT
7. ST. FRANCIS HOSPITAL - HARTFORD, CT
8. ST. MARY'S HOSPITAL - WATERBURY, CT
9. SMILOW CANCER HOSPITAL - NEW HAVEN, CT
10. TERRI BRODEUR BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION - NEW LONDON, CT
11. BAYSTATE BREAST AND WELLNESS CENTER - SPRINGFIELD, MA
12. BERKSHIRE MEDICAL CENTER - PITTSFIELD, MA
13. BREAST CARE CENTER AT MERCY MEDICAL CENTER - SPRINGFIELD, MA
14. BRIGHAM AND WOMEN'S HOSPITAL - BOSTON, MA
15. CENTER FOR BREAST CANCER AT THE MASS GENERAL HOSPITAL CANCER CENTER - BOSTON, MA
16. NOBLE HOSPITAL COMPREHENSIVE BREAST PROGRAM - WESTFIELD, MA
17. SAINT VINCENT CANCER AND WELLNESS CENTER - WORCESTER, MA
18. SUSAN F. SMITH CENTER FOR WOMEN'S CANCERS AT DANA-FARBER CANCER INSTITUTE - BROOKLINE, MA
19. UMASS MEMORIAL CANCER CENTER OF EXCELLENCE - WORCESTER, MA