Store Retail Positions
For other store openings please contact the Employee Services Representative at your local Big Y.
Bakery Management in the River Valley, Northern and Eastern Connecticut areas, Bethel and Newtown CT, and Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires
Customer Service Management in Eastern Connecticut
Deli Management in the Eastern/shoreline CT area and Western Massachusetts
Food Service Management in New Haven County, Litchfield Hills, Fairfield County, and Eastern/shoreline CT, Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires
Meat/Seafood Management in Walpole, MA, Litchfield Hills & Fairfield County (including Monroe and Stratford CT), Northern and Eastern Connecticut.
Night Crew Management in River Valley, Worcester, MA, Fairfield County, and Eastern/Central and shoreline CT areas
Full Time Pharmacy Technician
CT area (Ellington, Tolland, Manchester, Stafford Springs)
Our Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the processing of prescriptions and maintaining the pharmacy department; including verifying customer information; ringing purchases; gathering and recording prescription info; answering phones; gathering refill orders and helping customers locate products.
- National Technician Certification and pharmacy experience preferred.
- High school diploma, GED or enrolled in GED program.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to maintain high degree of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to operate within and positively promote Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store. Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a background investigation at time of hire.
- Must consent to and pass a drug screening at time of hire and/or transfer.
- Group Home experience preferred
Full-Time Cabinet Maker
(Facilities Management, Springfield, MA)
Our Cabinet Maker is responsible for the design and manufacturing of custom fixtures for all Big Y locations, including set-up and operation of woodworking equipment in a safe manner and occasional travel to job sites for repairs and installation of fixtures.
- 3- 5 years experience in cabinet making.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through his or her own example.
- Be organized, accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet demands of the job.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, able to work within company policies and procedures.
- Possess good mathematical skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Accountable for all Company property assigned for use on the job.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Basic computer knowledge including email.
- Must consent to and pass a drug screen and physical.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.