Store Retail Positions
For other store openings please contact the Employee Services Representative at your local Big Y.
Bakery Management in the River Valley, Northern and Eastern Connecticut areas, Bethel and Newtown CT, and Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires
Customer Service Management in Eastern Connecticut
Deli Management in the Eastern/shoreline CT area and Western Massachusetts
Food Service Management in New Haven County, Litchfield Hills, Fairfield County, and Eastern/shoreline CT, Western Massachusetts and the Berkshires
Meat/Seafood Management in Walpole, MA, Litchfield Hills & Fairfield County (including Monroe and Stratford CT), Northern and Eastern Connecticut.
Night Crew Management in River Valley, Fairfield County, and Eastern/Central and shoreline CT areas
Play Area Clerk
Big Y Foods, a family-owned and operated leader in supermarket innovation, is seeking highly motivated Full-Time and Part-Time Pharmacists to grow with us as we expand this exciting area of our business in Old Saybrook Connecticut.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified.
- Must enjoy working with and relating to children and their needs.
- Must have good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to deal with customers effectively and diplomatically.
- Must possess creative arts & crafts skills.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence Ô through Big Y's Firm Foundations Ô (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a drug screen and background investigation at time of hire or transfer to position.
- Interact with, attend to, and monitor safety of customers’ children.
- Enter and maintain registration information and handle Kid’s Club check in process.
- Design and prepare materials for craft projects.
- Build relationships, educate our customers, and create sales.
- Adhere to all Company policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Complete all training requirements by respective due dates.
- Medium work: Lifting 50 lb. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Continuously standing, walking, fingering, and handling.
- Frequently bending, reaching, balancing, and feeling.
- Frequently squatting, climbing, kneeling, or crouching.
This document is intended to serve as a general overview of the position. Big Y Foods, Inc. reserves its right to modify the employment outline in whatever manner we believe to be appropriate based on changes in legal requirements, business conditions, market factors or other relevant factors.